Sunday, May 17, 2015

If you really knew me

My middle name is Allen 
I was born on Nov 14, 1996 
in Tucson, AZ
I'm self conscious about being funny
More often than not idk what to do with my hands 
My mission call is to Chile Osorno
I used to be afraid of learning Spanish 
I like it when people call me "jake" and I love it when they call me "Jake West"
My mom told me not to let anyone call me "Jake" because my name is Jacob.
I stopped doing that because I like jake more. 
Im the oldest of 10 kids and I'm afraid of growing distant from them because of my mission 
I have a 4.0 and 4th term of senior year will probably change that :)
I love laughing hard. 
I make things funny in my head and when people ask why I'm laughing and I try o explain and it never works and then I'll feel dumb
I used to be terrified of fireworks 
Hugs are easy
I'm a sucker for Australian accents
I stress too much about sweating too much
I'm a totall morning person. 
My first dunk was January of sophomore year. 
Also in sophomore year I fasted for the ability to talk to girls... yeah :)
I'm a good sport but I hate losing
When I do something, I give it my all. 
I'm a singer, but I've never sung a solo
I have 45 days left till two years away
Suncerest elementary, I was the king of that school!
I lived my childhood in Orem
I haven't missed a day of scripture reading for 6 years
I love public speaking. 
In 2nd-5th grade I had a "girlfriend" named Gini. We never actually talked.
As a kid I had night terrors. 
I have a chicken pox scar on the outside of my right eyebrow. 
I'm like, really good at throwing frisbees. 
Whenever I break out it's between my eyebrows and idk why. 
Gospel is bae 
I love a girl. 
Her name is gospel. 
Haha jk it's something else. 
My taste in music is expansive. 
Too much makeup makes me gag. No seriously. It does. 
I have a 37" running vertical leap
I love smiling
I have a dead tooth from being elbowed in the mouth
I love poetry
I'm self conscious about dancing like a white guy. 
I put barbecue sauce on burritos and quesadillas. 
My left pocket always holds my iPod. My right holds consecrated oil and Chapstick. Back right holds wallet and back left holds poem drafts. 
I love black people 

My biggest pet peeve is when people glance at their phones while I'm talking to them. 

6 comments:

  1. Now I know which pocket to go for when I'm pickpocketing you. ;)
    Plus, love that line: Hugs are easy. But, seriously though, I'm going to rob you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the line about frisbee and the one about the girl you love. those both just sounded so much like you.

    i love this post. i love that youre just straight-up. thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay so the part about "her name is gospel" I died.

    and also, you are a good dancer. you and Sam and nick are the funnest to dance with.

    <3333333

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh jake west. I'm gonna miss you and your posts and your tender smile. Glad I got the chance to read your stuff and serve with you and really just to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that this blog is completely you. Your words will be missed so hard core along with the tall kid who sometimes wears glasses that speaks them ;)

    ReplyDelete