Monday, April 6, 2015

#Dugout

We've all made choices that leave us at baggage claim. 

And I'm learning. 
And I'm trying. 
And I wouldn't change that. 
And I know you understand me. 

My head and my heart had been playing tug-of-war for a bit there,
And you were caught in the middle. 


But our moment though,
On that dugout though. 

That moment whispered. 

That moment whispered:
"Hey heart! Chill. 
Hush, The past is behind us and looks to find us at rest. 
Where finally, 
Parallel feelings have MET. 
So let's breath out & breathe in,
& no, we're not dreaming.
So let's simmer in these deep pulsing feelings, &
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

This feels good."

3 comments:

  1. Hi jake.
    the opening line of this was really really good. like at first I didn't get it. but I've been thinking about it ever since you read it in class, and it finally clicked. and dang. dang. dang. it's so good.
    you are so good. thanks for reading this in class. it was amazing. it made me wish I could snap a little louder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^^^ yes. just yes to this entire post. because that first line was definitely #truth and maybe thats stupid but i don't know a better way to put it. and that last line so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this rocked my world. "we've all made choices that leave us at baggage claim" #snapsfordays

    ReplyDelete