Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Poem I wish I Never Wrote

    I wrote this poem last year for a girl. I told myself that no one would ever read this. Not my swerviest move, but I wrote it nonetheless. And if you know me you know how the rest of this story goes...



Our Heart and the Stars:

I wrote down what the stars spoke. What they told me so often. 
The stars held my hand till I held hers. Promising they were little holes that the sun shone through. That the night sky was just a thick blanket and that they- the stars- were glimpses at a brighter tomorrow. Everytime you spoke liquid bells sounded forth, sharing what the stars said. You didn't know it, but every time you spoke, you spoke their language. Now here at last, we can look at the beginning together. And hear what the stars say to us. Listen and understand together. That we are for each other. That we feel the same. And hand in hand I whisper in your ear "I love you (insert name here)." And the stars don't talk anymore, they sing to us now.  Dance poetry across the sky. So our hearts join them in singing, as we enjoy each other's company, being young. And the only thing we can see is each other and the stars. 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely, intricate and noteworthy :). Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The stars held my hands til I held hers." mmmmmm
    "You didn't know it, but every time you spoke, you spoke their language."
    "And the only thing we can see is each other and the stars."

    this is a crazy beautiful post.
    personally, I'm glad you wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful. im glad you wrote it. and that you posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And the stars don't talk anymore, they sing to us now." I love it. This was beautiful. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first line. Wrote. Had me hooked.

    Then the ending. Amazing. Beautifully simple ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is tender and eloquent and so many things.

    ReplyDelete